|Accounting||x|| || |
|African-American/Black Studies||x|| || |
|Anthropology||x|| || |
|Art/Art Studies, General||x|| || |
|Audiology/Audiologist||x|| || |
|Biology Technician/Biotechnology Laboratory Technician||x|| || |
|Biology/Biological Sciences, General||x|| || |
|Biomedical Technology/Technician||x|| || |
|Business Administration and Management, General||x|| || |
|Business Statistics||x|| || |
|Chemical Engineering||x|| || |
|Chemistry, General||x|| || |
|Cinematography and Film/Video Production||x|| || |
|Civil Engineering, General||x|| || |
|Communication, General||x|| || |
|Community Organization and Advocacy||x|| || |
|Computer and Information Systems, General||x|| || |
|Computer Engineering, General||x|| || |
|Criminology||x|| || |
|Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General||x|| || |
|Early Childhood Education and Teaching||x|| || |
|Economics, General||x|| || |
|Educational Leadership and Administration, General||x|| || |
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||x|| || |
|Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician||x|| || |
|English Language and Literature, General||x|| || |
|Environmental Science||x|| || |
|Environmental Studies||x|| || |
|Film/Video and Photographic Arts, Other||x|| || |
|Finance, General||x|| || |
|French Language and Literature||x|| || |
|Gender and Women's Studies||x|| || |
|Geology/Earth Science, General||x|| || |
|Health and Physical Education/Fitness, General||x|| || |
|Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences, Other||x|| || |
|Health/Medical Preparatory Programs, Other||x|| || |
|History, General||x|| || |
|Industrial Engineering||x|| || |
|International Relations and Affairs||x|| || |
|Journalism||x|| || |
|Junior High/Intermediate/Middle School Education and Teaching||x|| || |
|Labor and Industrial Relations||x|| || |
|Language and International Trade||x|| || |
|Liberal Arts and Sciences||x|| || |
|Linguistics||x|| || |
|Management Information Systems, General||x|| || |
|Marketing/Marketing Management, General||x|| || |
|Mathematical Economics||x|| || |
|Mathematics, General||x|| || |
|Mechanical Engineering||x|| || |
|Mechanical Engineering Related Technologies/Technicians, Other||x|| || |
|Medieval and Renaissance Studies||x|| || |
|Metallurgical Engineering||x|| || |
|Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Other||x|| || |
|Music, General||x|| || |
|Non-Profit/Public/Organizational Management||x|| || |
|Operations Management and Supervision||x|| || |
|Organizational Communication, General||x|| || |
|Organizational Leadership||x|| || |
|Pharmaceutical Sciences||x|| || |
|Philosophy||x|| || |
|Physical Education Teaching and Coaching||x|| || |
|Physician Assistant||x|| || |
|Physics, General||x|| || |
|Political Science and Government, General||x|| || |
|Pre-Nursing Studies||x|| || |
|Psychology, General||x|| || |
|Public Administration||x|| || |
|Public Relations/Image Management||x|| || |
|Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing, Other||x|| || |
|Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||x|| || |
|Religion/Religious Studies||x|| || |
|Social Sciences, General||x|| || |
|Social Sciences, Other||x|| || |
|Social Studies Teacher Education||x|| || |
|Social Work||x|| || |
|Sociology||x|| || |
|Spanish Language and Literature||x|| || |
|Special Education and Teaching, General||x|| || |
|Speech Communication and Rhetoric||x|| || |
|Speech-Language Pathology/Pathologist||x|| || |
|Sport and Fitness Administration/Management||x|| || |
|Urban Studies/Affairs||x|| || |
Cleveland State is the University of choice for talented students who are intellectually curious, serious about their studies, and dedicated to advancing their lives through higher education. Some 69 percent of our students are the first in their family to attend college. Our Honors Program engages top students in a rigorous and stimulating academic program while our Learning Communities program offers cohorts of first-year students the opportunity to engage interdisciplinary studies through course clusters, small class sizes and close student-faculty interaction. Our Undergraduate Research program affords an opportunity most often reserved for graduate students – the experience of engaging with faculty on a range of collaborative research projects.
With more than 1,000 courses supporting 200 major fields of study and programs, Cleveland State offers students at all levels an engaged learning experience. Cleveland State is a leader in biomedical research and health care education; K-12 education; professional programs in law, business and city management.
The coveted Fulbright Scholar Award, an international benchmark of excellence, has been won by more than 50 faculty, rivaling Harvard and Yale. And more than 93 percent of faculty hold the Ph.D. or highest degree in their field. It is this faculty – not graduate assistants – that engage students of all levels in learning and research.
To find out what our students have to say about engaged learning at Cleveland State University, visit the experience room at www.csuengagedlearning.com
Cleveland State’s 85-acre metropolitan campus is in the heart of downtown Cleveland. World-class business, health-care institutions and art organizations are our neighbors and partners, providing students with internships, cooperative education, mentoring and other real-world educational opportunities.
- Campus Life at CSU Rocks!
- More than 140 recognized student organizations, Student Government, Greek Life, Student run media, Cleveland professional sports nearby, W.6th and E. 4th Street entertainment districts, Cleveland cultural events at our doorstep, City is our campus Ticket Program, Cleveland State Theatre Group provides you year-round productions, Art Gallery exhibits ongoing throughout the year, African- American Cultural Center, The Wolstein Center hosts on campus entertainment
- Viking Athletics provide Cleveland's only Division I sports action with 17 intercollegiate sports – nine for women, eight for men. Cleveland State student- athletes represent the University at local, regional, national and international competitions, including the NCAA Championships and the Olympics. More than 40 Viking student-athletes have been selected as All-Americans in their respective sports. In 2008, CSU's Viking athletes achieved Horizon League Championships in Women's Basketball, Women's Volleyball, Men's Golf and Men's Tennis.
- CSU intramural sports provide a competitive student outlet
Facilities and Resources
With more than $200 million in new construction and building renovations, Cleveland State is developing a 21st century campus for the student of tomorrow. Historic Fenn Tower has been restored to its 1929 Art Deco grandeur as apartment-style student housing; next door, a new open-to-the public Recreation Center offers state-of-the-art health and fitness amenities. The Main Classroom and College of Law are undergoing renovation. The new Parker Hannifin Administration Center offers a full-service restaurant, and Parker Hannifin Hall is home to the College of Graduate Studies. Coming soon will be a new Student Center and College of Education and Human Services building and more.
On Campus Amenities Support Student Success including:
- A Wireless Campus: University e-mail and students information available any time: Laptop loaner program; Cyber Lounge and general purpose computer labs; RTA U-Pass provides free RTA buses and trains; Campus411 service provides one-stop answers in person, by phone or e-mail; University Library offers a wealth of services including OhioLINK retrieval and delivery service, internet training, access from home and more than 2 millions volumes, periodicals and non-print items.
Campus Security includes:
- CSU Police available 24/7; emergency phones located throughout the campus; enhanced lighting in all parking areas; safety escorts available; building security; and a low crime report rate.
- Living on campus is a metropolitan experience with easy access to campus and city amenities including shopping. On campus dining options offer a variety of convenience.
Athletics / Sports
Visit www.csuvikings.com for more information about athletics at Cleveland State University.
Financial Aid / Tuition
Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov for more information.
Visit www.csuohio.edu/admissions/apply for more information about admissions at Cleveland State University.
Cleveland State’s Summer Session
More than 900 classes offered Downtown, at East Center (Solon) or West Center (Westlake) and online.
Phone: (216) 687-5411 or 1-888-CSU-OHIO
Other Cool Facts
• Established 1964
• 16,000 students
• Nickname: Vikings
• Mascot: Magnus
• School Colors: Green and white
• Main campus downtown with East (Solon, OH) and West Centers (Westlake, OH)
• 100,000 graduates since 1964
• $250 million campus makeover by 2011
• 100+ undergraduate programs offered
• President since 2001, Michael Schwartz
We can provide you with an engaged learning experience. We invite you to become a part of an engaged learning experience by visiting our campus.
We encourage prospective students and parents to call to schedule their visit and confirm the scheduled dates and times with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Visit our website for office hours and visit details at http://engagecsu.com/visit.html