"Win Free College Tuition" Sweepstakes
Official Rules - No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win
- Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and Quebec), age 14 or older who are in college, will be enrolled in college within three years from 9/30/14 OR who can transfer it to another legal resident of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and Quebec) that is in college or will be enrolled in college within three years from 9/30/14. Employees of Sponsor, their affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers, distributors, retailers, advertising and production agencies, and their immediate families and residents of their households are not eligible. Anyone who attempts to defraud or in any way tamper with the sweepstakes will be deemed ineligible, and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void outside the United States of America and Canada, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. Estimated non-Internet circulation 2,250,000 and estimated Internet circulation of offer is 750,000 impressions.
- Prizes and prize value: One (1) Grand Prize: One Year College Tuition Scholarship up to $10,000 USD. OR Grand Prize winner can accept $500 USD in cash in place of the Grand Prize college tuition scholarship. Total value of prize: $10,000 USD maximum. Amount of grand prize scholarship award will be determined by the total cost of tuition for one year at the college or university that the student is attending OR by the total cost of both unmet need and need-based aid as determined by the student’s financial aid letter, whichever is lower. Tuition includes full and part-time tuition only, as charged by the bursar's office and does not include any charges such as room and board charges, books, activities fees, registration/class/orientation fees, facilities/lab fees, and any and all other charges by the bursar's office to attend the degree accredited college or university that are not stated as tuition. The grand prize winner will be required to submit a copy of their college financial aid award letter in order for the prize value to be determined. The winner should notify Sponsor immediately once they are enrolled in college and prize must be used towards the current college attending or the first college in which they are enrolled.
The Prize will be issued in check form and made payable to the college or university. In order to be eligible to receive a Prize, the potential winner or potential winner's designee must provide proof of actual enrollment in a degree accredited college or university by 9/30/17 and permit and authorize such college or university to provide Sponsor with verification and confirmation of enrollment. The winner must show proof by 9/30/17 or accept the cash prize or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Prizes awarded to parents or guardians, if the winner is a minor, may only be used towards their child's educational costs at such college or university. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees (and will certify in the Liability/Publicity Release referred to below) that he or she is solely responsible for any affect accepting such a prize may have on scholarship eligibility or other consequences of accepting such a prize. Prize is transferable to another person that is a resident of the U.S. or Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and Quebec), that the winner designates in writing and meets the proof requirement previously stated above.
- Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or around 7/14/14, from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted by an Independent Judging Agency whose decisions are final. The potential winner will be contacted by mail, phone or email and the potential winner must respond within 14 days following notification attempt or an alternate potential winner will be selected. The potential winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, which must be returned within 14 days or an alternate potential winner will be selected. Any prize notification letter or affidavit or other documents described in these Official Rules that are returned as undeliverable or any failure to comply with these Official Rules, will result in a forfeiture of eligibility to win the prize. If the potential Prize winner is a minor, a parent or legal guardian will be required to execute the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release on behalf of said minor for the Grand Prize to be awarded. Canadian winners will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question administered by mail. Taxes are the winner's responsibility. Prize acceptance and execution of the Liability/Publicity Release constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner's name and likeness for publicity purposes without additional compensation. Sponsor, its directors, officers, employees and their agents are not liable in any way for any winner's acceptance or use of a prize. For the name of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request to: Tuition Giveaway Winners List, NextStepU, 2 W. Main St., Suite 200, Victor, NY 14564. Request must be postmarked by 6/30/14. VT and WA residents may omit return postage.
- By entering, participating or accepting any prize, you agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this sweepstakes and that no promotional agents or affiliates will be held liable for any element of the sweepstakes administration. The sweepstakes administration and prize is the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and that all decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to this sweepstakes are final. Winners release Sponsor, their directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, liability, loss or damage, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part, this sweepstakes, including entry and participation in this sweepstakes and acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize. You further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to this sweepstakes arising from their entry, participation or acceptance of any prize, you indemnify Sponsor, its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all such claims, including reasonable attorneys' fees related thereto.
- Sponsor: NextStepU, 2 W. Main St., Suite 200, Victor, NY 14564